Thursday, June 24, 2010

Revisiting a Breakfast Favorite


Today is hot, so hot.  I wanted to make something for breakfast, I had some zucchinis from the farmer's market to use up, and I did not want to use my oven for long.  So I dug up my zucchini bread recipe and adapted it as a muffin recipe (for a third of the baking time). 

Zucchini Muffins

Mix:
3 eggs
1 c applesauce
1/2 c brown sugar
2 c grated zucchini
2 t vanilla

Then add:
2 c ground flour of choice
1/4 t baking powder
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
3 t cinnamin
1/4 flaxmeal

Stir, then add:
1 c walnuts
1 c raisins

Bake in muffin tins at 350 degrees for 20 to 24 min.

I should mention that I somehow forgot to add the applesauce, but I was using pretty big eggs and I think it balanced out somehow.  But the cooking time might be slightly different with the applesauce.  (Alternatively, you could leave it out like I did.)

No comments:

Post a Comment