Saturday, February 4, 2012

Meatloaf with Lentils and Veggies

OK, so this is terrible, I realize, to post a recipe with no picture or step by step instructions. I will be totally honest. If I don't post it I'll never find it again, and it was amazing. Loved it, loved it. I'm too much a carnivore to believe in a "meatless meatloaf" as a concept, but I'm too much of a vegetable nut to make a true meatloaf. I had some of last year's local, free-range ground beef left over in my freezer, and the new meat has come (thanks, David, for picking it up!). I wanted to use some of the ground beef and figured someone surely has made a meatloaf with lentils that still contained meat. This was a really great middle ground (50/50 lentil to meat ratio) from a website I just found called "Kathryn's Kitchen."

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Definitely need to find a way to use up some of that meat in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete