Monday, June 13, 2011

Seasoned Popcorn


When it was unbearably hot last week, one of the lighter foods I enjoyed eating (and I pretty much ate only light foods, with the exception of maybe ice cream) was seasoned popcorn.  I actually am not a big popcorn lover, it tastes kind of like air to me (or chemicals, if it's from a bag), unless it is stove popped and well-seasoned.  My favorite popcorn recipe is of course one I made up:

Homemade Seasoned Popcorn
To stove-cook popcorn, for the uninitiated, you pour popcorn to cover most of the bottom of a big pot and add enough canola oil so that there's a thin film under all of the kernels and then heat on high until the popping slows to a few seconds between pops (honestly, it's so much better and ridiculously easy-- I can't believe the microwave popcorn business does so well).

After it's popped I sprinkle on:
  • salt
  • garlic powder
  • turmeric
  • paprika
  • italian seasonings

It doesn't even need butter, and it tastes really, really good.  I even love this popcorn.

No comments:

Post a Comment