Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Baby Food Time


I realized when Abigail hit 6 months that I really wasn't ready for the baby food making thing again.  It all seemed so time consuming, but then, I did it before, right?  I know objectively that I did, but it's a bit of a blur.  So I felt the need to brush up on it, so I went ahead and bought Ruth Yaron's Super Baby Food book (with Micah, I just guessed with what to feed him, and I printed out a list from a website I was never able to find again; with Jesse, I asked my friend who had bought Yaron's book; with Abigail, I found this book used for about $6.00 and decided to buy it).  I found great glass storage containers with lids this time, and I contacted Rubber Maid and found out that my old ice cube trays are already BPA free (who knew?).  Anyway, the cooking and freezing of the food was a little bit of a no-brainer.  But I have to say the hardest part this time was using the microwave on every one of her meals before feeding her.  I mean, we do use a microwave--but for every food she eats?  That bothered me.  So I had to share my warming up method, I don't know how I came up with it.  I take the ice cubes out of the freezer ahead of time and put them in the refrigerator in a container for the next day or two.  When I'm ready to use one, I put it in a bowl and set the bowl ontop of the teapot.  I find that if I just heat water in the teapot until the water boils, the food is the perfect temperature. 

1 comment:

  1. Here is the site I used for Jamie's food.

    http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

    ReplyDelete