Sunday, December 5, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins Revisited

I have a bunch of squash I need to use that I bought at the farmer's market.  Here they are, aren't they gorgeous?
I actually started with sunshine squashes, a pumpkin relative.
I thought I'd revisit an old recipe I tried last winter for pumpkin muffins.  Here's the link if anyone's interested in trying it:  pumpkin muffin recipe

I hack the squash in half, then roast both halves side by side in a roasting pan.

The batter, with the raisins this time.
My helpers really surprised me at how capable they were.  Apparently I've been underestimating them!
The helper, one of two.  This guy did almost ALL of the stirring, my least favorite part; greased the cups; and filled the cups.  It was so much better actually letting go of the process and letting him really help me.

The finished product: they were really good with the raisins!


1 comment:

  1. Let the little ones use an ice cream scoop to fill the muffin cups. It works great and ups the fun ante, I think. Maybe a scoop would make a good stocking stuffer?

    ReplyDelete