Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The only good redbeets I've had . . .

They may not be pretty (and this was the best photo of four, I think), but roasted red beets are one of my new favorite spring meals. I cut them in 1/2 or 1/4 depending on size, left 3" of tops on them, and then put them in a baking pan with slight sides. I put a little bit of olive oil, a little bit of balsamic, a little bit of water, a little bit of salt, and a little bit of rosemary and then roasted them on the middle rack for a little over an hour (there are a lot of "a little"s in my recipe b/c I don't measure anything). Anyway, I flipped them about halfway through. I sprinkled them with garlic powder when they were done. They taste amazing! Just like anything does prepared in that way I guess. You could probably roast old tennis shoes in olive oil, salt, and everything and they'd be great. Bon apetit!










No comments:

Post a Comment