Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Determined Street Dog


Today was rainy, and Grenade (as dubbed by Micah), the street dog who is not our dog spent much of the day on our porch and in our garage.  Eventually the heartless author of this blog and her heartless spouse put up chicken wire to block the low fence she was entering.  She licked my hands while I did it and laid her face in the way.  She was wet and smelly and very cute and she snuggled right up against me while I worked.  We are truly the worst.  I feel like the villain in a Disney movie.

2 comments:

  1. Valerie! You have to let this dog in! How can you resist that face?! Oh my goodness, let Grenade in! (And, cool name, Micah!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I don't know, I love this dog. I just would rather go out and pet her and let her be free! She goes for walks/jogs with other people, too. She's friends with the other street dogs. The neighbor across the street feeds her. I just don't feel the need to own her! In fact, I feel the need to NOT own her. But I was just out there petting her. And then I washed my hands thoroughly afterward.

    ReplyDelete