1. I just discovered a woman at the market up the street who chops up cabbage into incredibly fine strips and sells a big bag of it for 75 cents.
2. I can buy limes, strawberries, avocados, and kites at traffic lights.
3. If you're really in a big hurry and no one's coming you can bend a few traffic laws (not that I should, but I have to be honest, it's an advantage).
4. We can watch American or Dominican Netflix.
5. My kids are actually learning Spanish. Owen and I are actually learning Spanish!
6. If you tell a Dominican that you're going to do something they say, "if God wills . . ." to remind you "Hey, American! You're not in control--don't be delusional!"
7. Guanabana juice, which you've never had if you've never been in the tropics--it's amazing.
8. Driving in our SUV here is like being in a commercial to show what those bad boys can do.
9. Tile floors are really cool in hot weather to sit and play games on.
10. God is good, we're happy, our kids are doing well, and our friends at the school and church have been a huge blessing. I'm so thankful to see my family thriving, even though we miss loved ones back home.