Sunday, January 29, 2012

Hunger Games

OK, you know I rarely recommend a movie, though I do recommend the occasional book. But I just found out that one of the best books I've read in a long time is going to be a movie. Hunger Games. It's the first in a young adult trilogy, taking place in what's left after the destruction of North America. A teenage girl in a fight for her life, having volunteered in her sister's place for a brutal "game." And I know not everyone is into science fiction, but I'm telling you, this is just a good good story. I watched the movie trailer, and it looks like they did justice to the book. I don't remember when I saw a movie in the theater, but I will see this one! I wanted to give fair chance to any purists out there . . . you know you have to read the book first! So buy the book (or get it out of the library like I did), and start reading! You have two months to get it read. If you take more than two days to read it you have way more self-control than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment